HAMBURGER’S SUPERCHARGERS INCLUDED 3 YEAR/36,000 MILE LIMITED PARTS WARRANTY
This Limited Warranty is the only published warranty that applies to
What’s Not Covered by Hamburger’s Superchargers Limited Parts Warranty:
1) Parts that have been altered or modified, or installed on vehicles that are not included in the applications listed for that particular part number.
2) Damage from misuse, incorrect installation, or unauthorized repairs or consequential damage.
3) Damage caused by incorrect priming of the supercharger traction oil system at initial startup or whenever replacing the traction oil.
4) The labor cost to remove or replace the part(s).
5) Any fluids, gaskets, drive belt, incidental parts, or shipping costs.
6) Labor for diagnostic costs to determine what caused the damage.
7) Costs for vehicle downtime or loss of vehicle use, or rental car charges.
8) Normal wear and tear.
9) Improper Installation by the installer.
10) Incidental expenses such as loss of vehicle use, inconvenience, lost time or wages, travel costs, etc.
11) REPLACING THE ORIGINAL SUPERCHARGER PULLEY SUPPLIED BY HAMBURGER’S SUPERCHARGERS WITH A SMALLER DIAMETER PULLEY. ONE OF THE PULLEY ATTACHING BOLTS HAS A SEAL APPLIED TO THE BOLT HEAD TO INDICATE THAT THE BOLT AND THE PULLEY HAVE BEEN REMOVED. IF THE SEAL IS BROKEN, HAMBURGER’S LIMITED PARTS WARRANTY IS VOID.
12) REPLACING THE CRANKSHAFT PULLEY WITH A LARGER DIAMETER PULLEY OTHER THAN STOCK VOIDS OUR WARRANTY.
13) USE OF ANY FUEL OTHER THAN 91 OR HIGHER-OCTANE W/E10 WILL VOID THE WARRANTY. 93 OCTANE MUST BE USED FOR STAGE II 450HP KIT (IF 91 CALIBRATION IS NOT REQUESTED).
14) DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF FAILING TO SERVICE THE VEHICLE’S INTAKE SYSTEM AIR FILTER EVERY 5,000 MILES OR SOONER.
15) DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY OTHER TRACTION DRIVE OIL NOT SUPPLIED BY HAMBURGER’S SUPERCHARGERS.
16) Damage as a result of not following the proper traction oil and filter change interval (2 years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first).
17) Damage as a result of low engine oil or improper oil change intervals
For Warranty Related Questions or an RA (Return Authorization) # contact:
Hamburger’s Superchargers, Inc.
1501 Industrial Way North
Toms River, NJ 08755Ph #: 848-223-7373 x173
Attn: Warranty Dept.
Email: [email protected]
STANDARD 3/36 Limited Parts Warranty applies to all Emission Legal Packages Supplied with New PCM Calibration as long as all of the conditions of use listed above apply. This warranty also applies to Competition Kits, as long as the pulley seal is not broken, and the stock crankshaft pulley is retained.
NOTE: FOR ALL TECH QUESTIONS YOU MUST EMAIL THEM TO [email protected], CC [email protected] AND YOU WILL GET A RESPONSE WITHIN 48 HOURS.
| THIS WARRANTY IS ONLY IN EFFECT IF THE KIT IS INSTALLED BY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING: a new car dealer service technician, an authorized Hamburger’s Superchargers installer, an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) at an automotive repair facility with a valid business license, or in our Toms River, NJ facility. In order to initiate the supercharger warranty, the customer must fill out and return the Warranty Registration Card to Hamburger’s Superchargers, within 30 days of the supercharger kit purchase date. The Warranty Registration Information instructions are attached to the registration card and are included with every kit we sell. Once we receive the filled out and signed Warranty Registration Card, we will email or mail an acknowledgment of receipt for your records. The Warranty Registration Card can also be filled out on our website, www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com. A photo of the vehicle’s odometer will be required, as well as the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), which can be uploaded on our website.|
WHAT IS COVERED
Hamburger’s Superchargers Limited Powertrain Warranty is included with every supercharger kit except for all Stage II kits, and all Competition Kits, and covers the vehicle’s engine, transmission and rear axle assembly, on only the first vehicle our supercharger kit is installed on and only for the first owner, for a period of 3 years (from the vehicle’s original in-service date, the date it was originally purchased from a new car dealer) or up to a total of 36,000 miles (as shown on the odometer) for in-service vehicles, whichever occurs first. This warranty is secondary to all other warranties and any OEM manufacturer’s recalls or Technical Service Bulletins (TSB’s) that may be in effect. Hamburger’s Superchargers does not charge a deductible for a valid warranty claim but our MAXIMUM LIABILITY PER COVERED VEHICLE over the entire term of this warranty is limited to the price paid for the supercharger kit. Engine components are covered for a maximum of the price paid for the supercharger kit; transmission components are covered for a maximum of $3,000; and rear axle components are covered for a maximum of $2,000.
A replacement system or component that has been installed in accordance with our instructions is limited to the remaining warranty of the original (replaced) system or component. We may request that the original components be returned to us. Components provided by Hamburger’s Superchargers to fulfill our warranty obligation must be used in the product for which warranty service is claimed.
ENGINE COMPONENTS COVERED:
Pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft and bearings, connecting rods and bearings, camshafts and bearings, timing chain and gears, intake/exhaust valves and seals, valve springs, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms, rocker arm shafts, lifters, supercharger and supercharger system components including all supercharger related components up to the maximum limit of the price paid for the supercharger. If a failure of any of the above parts damages either the engine block or cylinder heads, a remanufactured long block assembly will be provided subject to the maximum applicable limit of liability.
Any engine components not specifically listed, including but not limited to, factory electrical components, seals and gaskets (except cylinder head gaskets), any parts, filters, fluids etc., that are required to be replaced as a part of your vehicle’s normal maintenance schedule as published by the manufacturer.
TRANSMISSION COMPONENTS COVERED: All internally lubricated parts within the transmission to the maximum limit of $3,000.
NOT COVERED: Failure of related parts external to the transmission which may cause a transmission claim including, but not limited to: electrical components; seals and gaskets; transmission coolers; levers; controls; any parts, filters, fluids etc., that are required to be replaced as a part of your vehicle’s normal maintenance schedule as published by the manufacturer. Transmissions that have been modified internally, or had the TCM (transmission control module) calibration modified and no longer utilizes the stock calibration are not covered by this Powertrain warranty. If the vehicle has had the rear axle gear ratio changed from stock, or the wheel/tire size changed from stock so it’s greater than 10% of the original wheel/tire size, the powertrain warranty is void.
REAR AXLE COMPONENTS COVERED: Rear axle, ring gear, drive pinion, pinion shaft, differential, side gears, bearings, bearing cap, washers, axle shafts, half shafts, housing and housing cover up to the maximum limit of $2000.
NOT COVERED: seals and gaskets; any parts, filters, fluids etc., that are required to be replaced as a part of your vehicle’s normal maintenance schedule as published by the vehicle’s manufacturer. If the vehicle has had the rear axle gear ratio changed from stock, or the wheel/tire size changed from stock so it’s greater than 10% of the original wheel/tire size, the powertrain warranty is void.
RENTAL REIMBURSEMENT:We will provide reimbursement for a rental vehicle from a licensed agency in the event of a covered incident. We will pay up to thirty five ($35) dollars for every day of approved labor time to complete the covered repair with a five (5) day maximum, not to exceed one hundred seventy five ($175) dollars. You must submit receipts for reimbursement. This coverage does not apply to service or parts delays or other time delays beyond our control or that of the repair facility.
Any automotive repair facility qualified to work on superchargers, with an ASE certified technician on staff, may perform the warranty repairs, but Hamburger’s Superchargers suggests that you return your vehicle to the installation shop or new car dealer that installed your supercharger, due to their personal interest in you and their familiarity with your vehicle. Before any warranty repairs are approved, the repair shop must first contact Hamburger’s Superchargers for warranty work authorization, and receive a Repair Authorization (“RA”) form. Hamburger’s Superchargers may require the vehicle to be returned to our facility in Toms River, NJ for repairs, at our discretion. Upon completion of the warranty repairs, the repair shop must send us a copy of the warranty repair invoice along with a copy of the RA form they received from us, along with the repair shop’s invoice and signed customer acceptance, and we will send the repair shop payment for the repair invoice in accordance with the RA.
|WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS STANDARD POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY:|
• Damage due to misuse, collision, fire, theft, vandalism, road hazards, natural disasters, consequential damage, and acts of God.
• Damage caused by incorrect priming of the supercharger traction oil system at initial startup or whenever replacing the traction oil.
• Improper vehicle use such as overloading as in towing a trailer that exceeds the GVWR of the vehicle.
• Racing or any type of competition.
• Further alteration of the vehicle’s chassis or the addition of any other performance enhancing components.
• Altering the odometer by disconnecting it or altering the supplied PCM calibration.
• Improper Installation by the installing shop.
• Incidental expenses such as loss of vehicle use, inconvenience, lost time or wages, travel costs, etc. are not covered under Hamburger’s Superchargers Limited Powertrain Warranty.
• REPLACING THE SUPERCHARGER PULLEY SUPPLIED BY HAMBURGER’S SUPERCHARGERS WITH A SMALLER DIAMETER PULLEY. ONE OF THE ATTACHING BOLTS HAS A SEAL APPLIED TO THE BOLT HEAD TO ALERT US THAT IT HAS BEEN REMOVED. IF THE SEAL IS BROKEN HAMBURGER’S SUPERCHARGERS POWERTRAIN WARRANTY IS VOID.
• REPLACING THE CRANKSHAFT PULLEY WITH A LARGER DIAMETER PULLEY OTHER THAN STOCK.
• USE OF ANY FUEL OTHER THAN 91 OR HIGHER OCTANE E10 GASOLINE ((R+M)/2 method) WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
• DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF FAILING TO SERVICE THE VEHICLE’S INTAKE SYSTEM AIR FILTER EVERY 5,000 MILES OR SOONER.
• Damage as a result of low engine oil or improper oil change intervals
• Damage as a result of the use of any traction drive oil not supplied or recommended by Hamburger’s Superchargers.
• Damage as a result of not following the proper traction oil and filter change interval (2 years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first).
• ALL STAGE II KITS AND ALL COMPETITION KITS ARE NOT COVERED.
• ANY FLUIDS, LUBRICANTS, REFRIGERANTS, FILTERS OR FASTENERS (UNLESS REQUIRED IN CONNECTION WITH REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF COVERED PARTS UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS WARRANTY AND AUTHORIZED BY OUR RA); INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SHOP SUPPLIES, MATERIALS CHARGES, HAZARDOUS WASTE CHARGES, STORAGE CHARGES OR MISCELLANEOUS CHARGES ARE NOT COVERED.
The only permitted vehicle modifications that will not void the warranty are exhaust modifications beyond or after the catalytic converter (cat-back) and wheel/tire modifications that are within 10% of the factory equipped size. Modified tires are only allowable if they are 100% street legal. Any form of drag slick or ‘street slick’ or off road only tire will void the warranty.
DAMAGE DUE TO IMPROPER MAINTENANCE:
Damage caused by not following the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule will void Hamburger’s Superchargers Standard Limited Powertrain Warranty. This includes not only servicing the vehicle at the OEM’s specified service intervals but also includes using the correct lubricants. Hamburger’s Superchargers suggests that you keep all records relating to the maintenance performed. These records should include dates, mileage, service performed, parts and lubricants used, and all receipts. Your records will help determine the validity of any warranty claim, and are very important to protecting your Limited Powertrain Warranty. Installation of a Hamburger’s Supercharger kit (not including Stage II and Competition Kits) does not change any of the emission systems’ functions or components. The emission systems are covered by the OEM Vehicle Manufacturer’s warranty.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Hamburger’s Superchargers does not authorize any person to create any other obligation or liability in connection with these supercharger installations. Any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose applicable to this vehicle is limited to the terms and duration of this written warranty. Performance of repairs and needed adjustments is the exclusive remedy under this written warranty or any implied warranty. Hamburger’s Superchargers shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages (such as, but not limited to, lost wages or vehicle rental expenses) resulting from breach of this written warranty or any implied warranty.
Hamburger’s Superchargers may, at its discretion, repair or replace components that are covered under the Limited Powertrain Warranty, and may require that the vehicle be returned to our Toms River, NJ facility for the warranty repairs. These replacement components, new or remanufactured, will conform to new vehicle standards applicable to the vehicle model year.
NOTE - THIS LIMITED POWERTRAIN WARRANTY IS NOT TRANSFERABLE AND ONLY APPLIES TO THE ORIGINAL OWNER OF THE VEHICLE THAT THE SUPERCHARGER KIT WAS ORIGINALLY INSTALLED ON! THIS STANDARD 3 YR/36,000 MILE POWERTRAIN WARRANTY IS IN ADDITION TO THE STANDARD 3 YEAR/36,000 MILE LIMITED PARTS WARRANTY, AND ONLY APPLIES TO OUR EMISSION-LEGAL STAGE I SUPERCHARGER KITS, NOT OUR COMPETITION KITS OR STAGE II KITS!
***IMPORTANT NOTE*** - HAMBURGER’S SUPERCHARGERS COVERS ITS OWN STANDARD 3 YEAR/36,000 MILE LIMITED POWERTRAIN WARRANTY CLAIMS, UNLIKE SOME OTHER COMPANIES THAT OFFER A LIMITED POWERTRAIN WARRANTY THEY PURCHASE FROM A THIRD PARTY WARRANTY COMPANY TO COVER THEIR POWERTRAIN WARRANTY CLAIMS!